Notify
Tools

Re: powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Also available at Hi-tech. http://www.iidbs.com/hitech
Regards, Woody

Posts: 98 | Location: S.E. Oregon too close to PRK | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried Accurate Arms #9 in any of the smaller rifle cases with cast bullets? SLW

Posts: 59 | Location: 15758 Butte Mt. Rd. Jackson CA. 95642 | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get WC 820 from www.gibrass.com and from www.patsreloading.com. I've been using it in .25-20, .357 Max, 7.62x39 and .44 Mag. Works great for me. My batch is identical to AA-9.

There is also WC 820(f) available which is equivalent to HS-7. I've had pretty good results with it and plain based bullets.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used a military surplus version, WC 820 in cartridges as small as 7.62 x 39mm and as large as the .30-06 and 8mm Mauser. The results have consistently been excellent: Low pressure and extreme spreads + high accuracy. You should know in advance, however, that different lots of WC 820 have slightly different burning rates. ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
No need to buy virgin/new ball powder! Get the pulldown. Ball powders have the longest shelf life of all of the powders, except those having a nitroglycerin content above 20 percent. Those latter powders are typically the pistol powders faster than Unique, and that strange duck formulation of 5744, "new" lot only. Besides, if I were in an experimenting mood for a brand new powder, I'd select Ramshot Enforcer, a ball powder like the others mentioned here, when found on sale. It's speed should be right in the middle of the #9s and WC820, and would be used for very fine tuning to see if accuracy improves over the 9s, 820s, etc. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote