New
Find
Notify
Tools

linotype or? update
 Login/Join

<shane4>
posted
Thank you to all that has helped me with this. 2500 lbs total!. There was concern about being carefull with the weight, the thing I found out was how to move it off the trailer. One five gallon bucket at a time [Big Grin] . After many hours and looks from the wife (this proved to her I am crazy now, she only thought it before [Big Grin] ) everything is in the shop. 500 lbs have all ready been melted down, a bunch more to go. During all of this I have sorted out just over a five gallon bucket of single type set. I believe this would be foundry lead. Any use for this? Is the copper content to high to use for bullets? How much copper can you have before haveing problems with fill out? Am I barking up the wrong tree thinking this is foundry type lead? Maybe something else? I do believe I have more than enough lino to last me a while. Once again thanks for all of your help.
Shane

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shane where are you in Ks. I used to live in the Panhandle of Ok. but now in So. Tex. but still get to Ok. once or twice per year. Please go back and read my reply to your other post. Is more of the type metal available? I might be interested if it is and is at a good price. Wes

Posts: 60 | Location: texas | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
<shane4>
posted
Hammerhead you have e-mail