New
Find
Notify
Tools

476 460gr WFN gc ballisticast mold fs
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
I had ballisticast make this custom mold for me several years back. I speced it as a 450 gr mold, but when casting wheelweights the all up weight of the finished bullets comes to 460 gr. It is their WFN mold 1414 style that had the cherry sunk extra deep. This is the maximum bullet that can be loaded in the 480, and must be crimped in the first lube groove. It can be driven 1100 fps from the 480, and when tested at John Linebaughs summer seminar a few years back penetrated within an inch or two of the best 475 and 500 linebaugh loads. It would also be a dandy bullet for a .475" rifle. I've likely cast no more than 500 bullets from the mold and it's in like new condition. $100 firm, shipped and insured in the US.

These were the test bullets shot at the linebaugh seminar, on the left after going through 40" of wet newsprint, on the right, 2" of bone and 10" of newsprint. I cast these from wheelweights and water quenched them, they were tested by one of the posters here.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul,

I think I'd be interested in taking it off your hands, if you ship to Canada. Smiler

I am not set up to cast yet, but you never know, eh. My Mbogo is pretty expensive to feed. Smiler

PM me if you haven't unloaded it already.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Chris,

It's yours, and yes it would be superb for plinking from your Mbogo! Canadian shipping is usually the same as within the states, so no problem on that end. PM me.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul H,

if I cried like a baby would you sell me about a dozen of those bullets? Need not be sized/lubed/GC'ed, although if you ahve some that would be cool. The 475 Gibbs needs a plinker bullet.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I make 0.476" 500 grain FPGC slugs from a similar custom made Ballisti-Cast mould. Has been successfully used by a number of folks in 470 NE double rifles. Let me know if your interested in samples.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote