Find
Notify
Tools

HP molds in 30 caliber
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
Do you know a mold maker making Hollow point molds for 30 caliber?please tel me about.
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny...no mould makers will take on this task that I know of. If you get a good machinist and the mould of your choice, it's relatively easy to HP either a single cavity or one cavity of a double cavity mould. I normally use a .100" cavity but a .125" will work and then you dress down the point to what diameter you want.

Several of us mess with HPs and the modifying of moulds for HPs. The 311291 makes a good one and so does the 311413. Depends on your needs for the type rifle you're shooting. I just modified a SC 311465 and it's a beauty. Haven't had time to shoot it yet.

We won't do mods but if you locate the machinist, we'll tell you how./beagle

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are only going to make a few HP's you might look at the drill type hollow pointers. I've seen them advertised and a web search should find something. Many years ago I made a jig out of wood and used a drill press to make some hollow point for a friend. This way you are not stuck with the pin size on the die, you can use different sixe drills and different depth holes until you find something that suits you. Just my $.02 worth.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote