New
Find
Notify
Tools

Auction Arms
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For a couple of years, I've used Auction Arms (http://www.auctionarms.com) to buy a fair number of items. They've "upgraded" their site, and now I can't view second or subsequent pages of their search results. After several emails, I've received ZERO help from them. They won't even reply to my questions.

Is there a professionally operated auction site out there? I'm kinda tired of trying to deal with amateurs.

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not all too impressed with the upgrade, either. I don't like everything highlighting when I run the pointer down the page. However, I've had no trouble getting from page to page.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could live with a few minor irritations, but when I click on "Curios and Relics," and 600+ entries come up, I want to be able to see the second and subsequent pages of auctions. Since they list all their "Featured" auctions first, regardless of closing date, most of the time I can't even view the non-featured auctions since they're pushed to the next page.

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grumble, I've got to believe there is something wrong with your connection. I've had no trouble veiwing the other pages by clicking on the page numbers at the top or bottom of the page.
I have the site open on another window at the time, in C&R, and can go to any page I want.
Try holding your mouth in a different position.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gee, waksupi, thanks!! <GGG> That's more help than I got from Auction Arms! I'm sure it's something at my end, but what? I have the same problem with both Netscape and Internet Explorer. Both have java enabled. I can view most everything else, but not the second and subsequent pages of search results.

If the high school kid that runs their web site gets out of school in time, maybe he'll answer my umteenth request for help.

one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
grumble,

What waksupi said. Just tried and works fine for me. That is a dangerous place for me to look too.

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sky C.
posted Hide Post
Grumble-

If you haven't already tried them - Gunbroker.com is pretty good.

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Best regards-

Sky

Posts: 103 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm like you Grumble, I dislike change. I too, prefered the old aa site - now I gotta put up with the distracting highlight every time I move my curser - I wonder if they have any idea how hard that is for 54 year old eyes to focus on. Still it's my 2nd favorite site after gunboards. Gunbroker's wants too much for their guns so I quit going there. Pretty sure you have a softwhare/programming problem cause you should be able to access those additional pages. We got some snow here in Western Washington and I couldn't leave my driveway so I can't go to my local gunrange and get my weekly fix...talk about stressFrowner...Gary D.

Posts: 56 | Location: Western Washington, USA | Registered: 25 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.

I tried it out on my portable computer, and things work fine there. It's a Win 98 machine, and the one causing problems runs Win XP. There's some button or switch somewhere that needs to be toggled, but I don't have a clue where to look. It's something associated with the javascript, I think.

I checked out gunbroker.com. I'll have to watch it for a while, but at first blush, it looks like prices are a bit higher than on auctionarms.

Ahhh, the trouble we go through to satisfy our cravings...