THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Why so little mention of RCBS pistol molds?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
RCBS moulds are difficult to find as used. Most of us who have them tend to keep them and not dump them probably because they fill their intended use. Gianni.

Posts: 65 | Location: Western MT | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
RCBS makes good molds, but they are, at the most, two cavity! Saeco makes just as good if not better molds then RCBS and they come in four cavity. If RCBS made four cavity molds I would have never discovered Saeco molds.
I and my buddies can cast a bunch of 45 Colt 255 grain slugs using two four cavity molds from Saeco, on a Sunday afternoon.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of the molds I have are Lyman's. but really only because they had one hell of a head start. I've been casting for 55 years now, and in that general time frame, RCBS is a bit of a youngster. Actually, they were originally Ohaus mold and RCBS bought them out. Quite a few of trhe RCBS molds now are considered "special order" product, which in my not too humble opinion sucks big time. Out of the nearly 90 molds I have right now, probably two dozen are RCBS. Maybe a dozen are Lee's and there are a couple of high dollar custom molds as well. Would I buy any more RCBS molds? Yup! If they make one I thuink I need.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote