Find
Notify
Tools

Source for 72 Cal Balls
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
I just bought one of the Pedersoli (Cabela's) .72 Cal double rifles and CANNOT find the .72 cal balls to feed it. Any help? I did end up getting a .715 cal round ball mold, but I think that it's too big by many thous.
Any help is appreciated.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the .715" ball is what they usually use in this rifle with a .022" lubed denim patches.

I'm sure you would get better accuracy with a ball a few thousandths closer to actual bore but you might try the .715" balls first before investing in another mould.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Many thanks...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Just a quick glance (my Dad was into this big bore stuff but I never got the bug) shows that Lee makes a .690 mould, which seems to be the next size down from the .715. My only real suggestion is to make sure you are using pure lead and use a bullet starter. Also, Dad was a big fan of using Crisco over other lubes but it is messy stuff. Also, Dixie Gun Works at least sells cast balls (www.dixiegun.com) but 100 of them will cost more than a mold from Lee does and that is before shipping.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It might be wise to purchases several close sizes of round balls before purchasing a RB mold. I have been purchasing round balls when testing a rifle for from Track of the Wolf.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/

Good people to deal with for these items.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Most importantly, let us know how it shoots!

I still haven't delved into front stuffers, but hte large bore double rifles and howdahs have a certain apeal Big Grin

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote