Find
Notify
Tools

Cast Bullet for a 375 H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
I'm looking for a good cast bullet for my bolt action 375H&H. Bullets will only be used for general plinking. When water bottles attack. BOOM

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used the RCBS 37-250 mold for many years. I use to have a similar mold by Lyman, I don't remember the exact one. It was either 375296 or 375449 They are all a 250 gr (plus or minus some)gas check mold. I load mine with the RCBS bullet to about 1900-2000 fps. You can plink with it but it's enough to hunt with too. Very accurate and light recoil.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Mark
Thanks for the info. However I sold all my casting equipment years ago. Looking to buy some ready to load.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
www.beartoothbullets.com

Thanks thumb

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

posted Hide Post
Ramrod340: FWIW, Currently using bullets from Montana Bullet Works, Dave Jennings- They're GREAT!!!!!!! and they get shipped fast...HCB

Posts: 24 | Location: WNY-Bergen | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I checked out the Montana Bullets Works offerings.Try the 265 grain Saeco I've got the mold and and it shoots like a house afire out of my 375 Whelen.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave Jennings says, "Linotype and HTW both have a BHN of 22, but I have been able to shoot linotype bullets up to 2300 fps without leading where as 1800 fps has been my limit with HTW. You may be able to do better with your gun, but I doubt that you'll be able to attain much over 2300 fps. HTW alloy is a better alloy for hunting because high antimony alloys like linotype tend to be brittle and shatter when they hit hard bone. The Saeco 265 grain is not yet available in linotype as are the other two designs."
thats the only thing that kept me from that bullet. i want to have the option of pushing it to 22-2300 MV.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
I got some really nice .375-290 grain from fellow AR member 475/480.
PM him.
He is a great guy to do business with.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote