New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee 312-155 In the SKS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is for 7.62 man over on the Cast Boolit forum, so please one of you who are a member over there relay this for me.

7.62...I'm using Win brass that I can only get 26.5 to 27 grs of surplus 4895 powder in without compressing. Buckshot got some brass where he gets even more in. Well I picked up some new PMC brass in 7.62x39 and I can get in 28 grs without compressing. So as a favor to you I went out with the chrono and shot both loads. This is on my Competition Electronics chrono, so I don't know how accurate it really is. The Win brass load is just a hair over 2300 fps. The PMC brass load was 2640. On the first load, the Win, I've shot over 3000 of them through my Yugo SKS and I don't believe the load is that hot. I'm still on the same 100 rounds of brass I've bought years ago and only lost 2 or 3. The primers are still rounded on the corner, although that's not a real good pressure sign to go by. The brass extracts very easily, as I have the gas block turned off and I work the action by hand.

Making gas checks is just too much to write in this small space. Bottom line is you're better off buying factory checks

Joe
PS..Tell Bret thanks for telling you to contact me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Joe,

How's it hangin?

Kelly

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Kelly,

Doing okay, how about you? Hey pm me and we'll exchange email and such.

Joe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell medic44 that cast bullets don't have as much friction as jacketed bullet and the velocities are higher. That load of mine in noways near hot.