New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee 400 gr boolit in the .475/.480 BFR revolver
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I finally got a shot at a spike buck with my new revolver. I shoot, he fall down, that simple. Even though I did not hit the spine, he could not get up. The shock must be tremendous.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 50 yd 1" groups with the XTP's but not as tight with cast yet. It seems to hold tight to looong range though without spreading. It is a little harder to control offhand due to barrel rise and I tend to hit higher then from Creedmore. It needs a firm hold to keep the impact where the sight is. Darn fun to shoot and I used a lot of lead so far and can't keep casting fast enough. Recoil is pleasant except for the rise. No pain at all from the BFR. I only wish I could have ordered a 10" barrel but the special price I got could not be beat. I paid $715 out the door. 10" would help hold the barrel down.
I now have Linebaugh brass and can't wait to see what it will do. It's deer season though, has to wait awhile.
I am using 23 grs. of 296 with the Lee 400 gr boolit.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote