Notify
Tools

A Xmas Bullet Caster's Poem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A BULLET CASTER'S XMAS!

THE WIND- IT WAS BLOWING...THE HOUSE-IT WAS COLD
THE TV WAS BORING..THE PROGRAMS WERE OLD..
THE KIDS HAD NEW GAMES SO THE COMPUTER WAS TAKEN
THE WIFE WAS EXHAUSTED FROM ALL OF THAT BAKING...

SO WHAT COULD I DO BUT WALK TO THE SHOP..
FIRE UP THE STOVE AND WAKE UP THE POT...
PICK OUT A MOLD ....AND START TO GRIN...
FLUX IT JUST ONCE AND THEN TO BEGIN..

BULLETS FOR LEVERS,OR BULLETS FOR COLTS
BULLETS FOR AUTOS OR BULLETS FOR BOLTS
BULLETS TO SHOOT IN ANY BAD WEATHER
OR BULLETS TO STOCKPILE TO LAST ME FOREVER!

HAPPY IS HE WHO DOES WHAT HE PLEASES...
THE DAY THAT IS HIS IS THE ONE THAT HE SEIZES!
MAKING SOMETHING FROM NOTHING,A PLEASURE LIKE SIN!
SO WAKE UP YOUR MELTER AND YOU CAN BEGIN!

DALE HILLYER
12/24/04
(MAYBE I SHOULDN'T DRINK EGGNOG!)

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would have been better if you would have had something about the dumb southern people in it.

Maybe do the words like the wierd words and phrasing they do.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

(MAYBE I SHOULDN'T DRINK EGGNOG!)

It's not the eggnog, just the gin that's mixed with it.

I tried to vote but it wouldn't take 'no items selected'. (VBG)

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Tim!
I knew I left a choice out. "It sucks...It sucks bowling balls thru garden hoses!" Hmmmm...Is that the choice you were looking for? LOL

Hi Richard. 'Long time no see'....Oh nooo! That's another southern expression..or is it? .. I see you're still 'beating a dead horse'. Or something to that effect....

"It would have been better if you would have had something about the dumb southern people in it.
Maybe do the words like the wierd words and phrasing they do."

hmm.... Where to begin....

If you wanted to talk...all you would have had to do was say, 'Hi Dale'...

Somehow....'wierd' looks a little weird to me.......

And.... 'like...they do' hmmm... if you were from the south, wouldn't you say, 'like WE do'...

But I forget my manners...I wish you & all a Merry Xmas!

Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale - keep up with the humor. Keep stickin' you neck out. As far as the poem goes, it ain't bad. Just don't ask me to forward it to 15 people in the next 30 minutes or something bad will happen to me.

Merry Christmas -

Do I see Santa out there?

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dell Hellier:

Sorry I misspelled a word or two. After reading many posts by many individuals I realized I am the only one that has ever in the entirety all forums worldwide that has ever misspelled a word or have used the incorrect English. For that I apologize

Now lets hear some southern poetry using the dialect that the dumb southerners use. It would probably be very cute.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi All!

This is just my goofy sense of humor 'boiling' out....

I wanted to be a clown when I was younger...But they said I was overqualified!!!!

Anyway....no offense to any....Kindness and good wishes to all!

Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Me_plat!

Hey, you did good! That's probably the way my name is pronounced around these parts! And yes, we say 'hey' and 'you did good'.

So have a nice Xmas!

Dell

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Dale unless I missed something I see that Me Plat is still whining, pissing and moaning about southerners. He reminds me of a little girl with wet panties..... Oh well I thought the poem was good but then what do I know, I have lived in the south all of my life.....Wes

Posts: 60 | Location: texas | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Wes!
It's always nice to greet old friends. I hope you & yours are well. Don't let Richard get to you...I think he could turn out to be an interesting guy.
I've lived in the south all my life too....southern Illinois, that is. It's a lot closer to the south than Chicago in culture and language.

My mom went to Hawaii once. At the big breakfast for all the guests, no one would believe she WASN"T from Texas....such is the strange 'drawl' we have....

A Happy New Year to you & all!

Dale...er....Dell!

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
That poll's looking pretty close to a "normal distribuiton."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
Hey Dell, ur, uh Dale?

I see the Muse is with you, with the proper stimuli, as with me NOT!

Nice job and don't give a thought to any detractors, including me!

Hope you had a very nice Christmas and have a great 2005. It's about time we had a really great year!

Regards,

WE

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like DE made a batch of Felix's Grandma Tidwell eggnog. By the way the stuff is very good!!!

ohshooter

Posts: 36 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote