New
Find
Notify
Tools

32 H&R mag loads in Ruger Single Six
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got cast bullets for my 32 H&R mag .The bullets were the .312 115 gr moly lubed Nevada Western bullets.I have been loading this gun with H-110 and Winchester 296 powder.I usually use Hornady xtp 100 gr with 10-12 grs of 296 and small rifle primers.I am going to try 8-10 grains of 296 powder and small rifle primers.Has anyone shot these bullets or similar bullet in the 32H&R mag.I will use it to shoot snowshoe hares.Whats other loads were good if you shot this weight bullets out of Ruger Single 6.I seated them to the end of cylinder to get more powder room is this alright?

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've had a 32 Bisley for 15 years and this is my favorite bullet. I've shot Green Dot Red Dot Unique HP38 but no H110.
The gun will throw any of these loads into the same group at 25 yds and this is the MOST accurate handgun I have ever owned. I took the trigger to 2# and lapped the forcing cone and the gun will do head shots on rabbits at 30 yds and will put 5 shots into a 6 inch gong at 100 yds. Groups with just about any powder have been 1" or so at 25 yds. You'll love it.

Posts: 16 | Location: Bloomfield Nebraska | Registered: 05 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What was your green dot load for 32 H&R mag ?I agree on accuracy mine will shoot 6 shots into half inch with right load.That was 100 gr xtp and 10 grs of 296 with small rifle primers.I have two of the single six pistols with 6.5" barrels.They are light any pretty powerful with hot loads.I have two pounds of green dot need load for it.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote