New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saeco Furnace!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just received the Saeco furnace I bought off Ebay. Wow! it was full of lead when it arrived. The guy I bought it from said it was made in the late forties, yea that's 1940's. It melted and poured out it's contents in less than 30 minutes.

I'm impressed!

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's like transisters, no moving parts, it should last a long time.

Ed B

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I saw saeco furnace, I just had to click on this topic.
In about 1973 I bought a bottom pour Saeco furnace at a garage sale for $15. I used it for about twelve years, then due to a divorce, and moving, it was put away for quite a few years.
I now have a commercial bullet casting company about sixty miles away that gives wholesale price if you go there to buy them.
I don't have to buy my bullets because I have a Saeco furnace!!!
I've probably run 300 pounds through my pot, and I hope I live long enough to go through another thousand pounds.
I said I hope I live long enough, because I know the furnace will outlive me!

Posts: 56 | Location: fallon, nv. | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to use the Saeco pots but finally quit them and started using the RCBS pots. The Saeco is a nice pot but eventually the thermostats will build up a carbon type deposit and stick in the closed position and the the pot temp. runs wild. I put up with this for a long time since I had parts to replace the bad ones, but after I started using the RCBS pots I dumped the Saeco. Now I don't know if the new Saeco's have a different thermostat set up or not. This was just my experince 18 or 20 years ago. WES

Posts: 60 | Location: texas | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote