Find
Notify
Tools

32 rim fire
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
Hi all, I picked up a POS 32 rimfire revolver.

It's missing the trigger, main spring and grips. I'm thinking of converting it to centerfire and shooting some small black powder loads out of it. The bore slugs .304x.320 so I'm thinking of beagleing the OF LEE soupcan 6 holer and makeing a bunch of air coold boolits to fit it. A 32 short colt will chamber in it.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're braver than I. If I just had to shoot that thing, I'd use buckshot. 00 oughta work. Might need to run it through a sizer.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Now that's a good idea, I'll have to see if I can pickup a bag. Is there anyplace online that sells it cheap?

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Mostly done.

I made a trigger, main spring and grips. The nose on the cylinder was all corroded so I drilled the cylinder pin hole out and soldered a bushing in place, then turned to fit. I still need to make a cylinder pin latch. I soldered a centerfire pin in the hammer so I'm almost ready for some 32 short colts in it. I need to find a screw for the grips.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have bought some old broken revolvers.
The break tops are not strong.
The latch stretches.
The others, like yours, can take big pressure, but the timing is usually not so good.

I have a hard time getting the right parts out of gun parts corp.

I have never made grips.
Sometimes I mix up black expoxy to patch holes or broken grips.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Now that's a good idea, I'll have to see if I can pickup a bag. Is there anyplace online that sells it cheap?

Cheapest place to get a sample quantity is to buy a five pack of 00 shells and cut them open.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box of 32 short colt ammo today. The cylinder is almost long enough for a 32 H&R mag, but the colt is a smaller diameter. I haven't been able to find load dies for the 32 short or long colt. Any ideas? I was thinking that I could size down the H&R brass, but the short colt cases will force me to use a very small charge of FFFg.