New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lee 358 180 6 pack mold results
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yeah, I've settled on 19 grains of WC 820 in Remington Max cases. Gives just under 2000 fps and sub inch 50 yard groups from my Maxed Handi. 27 grains of WC 846 does about the same and may even give a touch better accuracy, but I ain't one to use more powder than I need to. 25 grains of WC 680 is another good one.

I'm water quenching and GCing and lubing in a .360 sizer. Lube is Felix.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ain't no one shooting this? I was hoping for a lot more discussion.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I'm sad to say that I have been too busy to do much. I did make up some sub sonic loads in the Rossi 357 lever gun with Red Dot. I started on some high end Revolver loads, but got interupted.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I didn't get in on this order, but do have a very similar design 200 gr WFN gc bullet. When I had my 10" 357 max barrel for my contender, I was able to get 1900 fps and change with a compressed charge of AA-1680. I also tried H-110, but velocities were very inconsistant at the 1900 fps level, and I had huge verticle dispersion of groups.

In a 357 mag, H-110 is a good powder, and AA-1680 is too slow.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Too hot and busy to cast....when the winter freeze comes and the lawn don't need cutting and it's too cold to shoot...then we fire up the pot! I've been waiting to see if it works as good as my soupcan mould.

regards,
graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a bunch of'em casted (didn't take that long with that 6-banger!) some loaded in .357 and only a few fired. Not enough yet to render a decent report on firing, but the cast nicely. Now that it's a little cooler, may find some time to spend on the range. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote