New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target Analysis
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
From time to time folks have asked on this forum about causes of a particular group pattern. So, since I got the scanner working, I've posted a page from the Army's TC 23-14 (Sniper training and employment).

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/82347/TC23-14.jpg

The patterns are related to several of the common causes encountered (M14 and M16) in prone and sitting postions at long ranges using iron sights.

Certainly something to check before putting the blame on the boolet (VBG).

I'll keep it up there for a week or two.

Updated pix 7:26 pm EST 30 Dec 03.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Won't let me in, either.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TRK,

Can you try it any other way? all I get is .....Access Denied (Usage Limit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The owner of this file has exceeded their daily usage limit.

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The minute I loaded it I got locked off for a day - hit a usage of .08 MB (5.0 is the limit). Why they figured I exceeded the limit I don't know. Tune in tomorrow or send me your email address.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/82347/TC23-14.jpg

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found the problem by asking villagephotos.com customer service:

12/30/2003 8:22:36 PM
I've been locked off (others too) for exceeding the limit. The limit is 5mb, but my daily use today is 0.08mb.

Customer Service Replied:

12/30/2003 8:22:12 PM
Due to extremely heavy traffic to our system, we have had to temporarily shut off external linking for the free accounts. At this time we need to focus all of our resources on our paid users. I apologize for the inconvenience, Jamie

So, hurry up and wait until after the holliday.
Their service is FREE, so I certainly won't complain.

Posting is easy and reliable & very easy to post the links.

one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Just got it downloaded. Thanks!

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the third "free" photo posting service to decide they want to have restrictive limits on how many people can hit a picture within a certain time frame (or like Ofoto have limits on how long the picture stays up period after being put in place by the owner).

I think they have finally figured us all out, that we are NOT grandmommy and granddaddy posting family pictures for all the daughters and daughter-in-laws to ring in to buy a set of prints off of (so the company can make a buck doing their photoprocessing thing).

Instead we are just freebie-seeking interlopers who post pictures that get hundreds of hits over a weekend and we ain't ever going to buy anything from them for the effort expended.

Does Saieed have a place on his e-world for us to park a picture that will stay accessible? I don't know what features this new software has provided him, but perhaps somebody like Paul Hale could ask him.

It's a need ....

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote