New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Buckshot (or Whitworth)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sometime just before the old Shooters board went down, you told me about your 'spermints with your heavy 8mm boolit and surplus powder. I believe it was WC852. Of course I didn't copy it and now I can't refer to it when I need to work up a hunting load. Care to repeat it?

Posts: 39 | Location: Caribou, Maine | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MEboy, I don't think Buckshot/Whitworth spends much time on this board any longer. Permit me to suggest that with the heavy Lyman #323471 or the even heavier Buckshot-designed Lee CB, WC860 or IMR 5010 work rather well in doses of 47gr. to 50gr. With 5010, some sort of filler, e.g., grex or powdered bran, is necessary for a cleaner burn and lower ES's. With 860, there's little to be gained by adding either. Hope this helps, ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did I miss something? I have noticed a lack of his posts lately. The reason I'm looking for Buckshot's old data is that I'm trying to get around 2000 fps from his boolit, and I can't do it with a full case of 5010.

Posts: 39 | Location: Caribou, Maine | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maineboy...Buckshot is at this forum now most the time: http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=514616&NoCaches=Yes&xxx=1015

He uses the old Buckshot name there and you can post there without being a member.

Joe

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starmetal:
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=514616&NoCaches=Yes&xxx=1015

you can post there without being a member.

Joe[/QB]

Starmetal,
Yes I have allowed posting by "non-members" at the present. I may even allow it into the future.
Howver I do encourage people to register for the simple reason of making it easier to recognize whos' who. It may be necessary to be a members only site in the future though. Allowing "anonymous" postings does open up some distasteful possibilities,look at what has happened here at AR with the likes of "registered" members the likes of trolls like those that took over the Big Bore section a while back. I really don't think it would be in the best interest of the board's future to allow open posting if attacked by anonymous posts. I am the custodian of the board and as such it would be my duty to toss the trash at that point.
45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote