New
Find
Notify
Tools

mixing Lyman super moly and beeswax
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I remember reading that some people use this mixture. I'm wondering what proportions to use. Would 50/50 be OK? I think the moly is too slimy by itself, and I can save some money by doing this. I plan on using this mostly on pistol loads, but want to also use it in my '06.
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried the moly concoctions a few years ago. Didn't like it. Goop hand cleaner will remove it from your bore once you get tired of the experiment. If you do try it, a little Moly goes a long way. Felix Lube has it all beat.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ric, you would be crazy not to participate in Felix's and Sundog's soon to be cooked and shipped large batch of FWFL. Where else can you get a life-time (2-3 pounds) of world class rifle lube while donating $20 to support a worthy cause?

Ric, does your earlier long bullet 6.5 experiment answer that guy on Shooters that keeps wanting to make the 6.5 bullets longer so they will get "more stable" because that stabilization/ballistic program seems to tell him so?

Nobody (at least not Buckshot, Felix or myself) has been able to convince him yet that a longer bullet will make it worse, not better. Since you have actually done it, maybe you can convince him.

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oldfeller,I got in with Felix on the lube deal.
Send him a M.O. some time ago ,is this a rifle lube only or would it be good for handguns as well.
Would be nice to have one lube (and one sizer/luber) to do it all.

Regards Martin

Posts: 327 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What deal?

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK ... where is the link or connection to the Felix deal?

Thanks,

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.castpics.net/RandD/felix_lube/felix_lube.htm

Here's the info for a do it yourself.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently Felix is still taking checks from some folks who are trying to squeeze in under the wire on the lube deal. You need to contact Felix directly through this e-mail address:

fmr72901@juno.com

I'd ask him very nicely and if he is still agreeable to take a check from you I would certainly lose no time getting it into the mail to him as the big melt is very soon.

Oldfeller

<copy of the last posting about the lube deal>

83844: 6.5 & 7mm Cast Boolits
06/07/03-9:08 AM Posted by: felix

Yes, Mr. WE, send an email and I will return the payment address. You are ALMOST too late. The big melt will be done very soon. All the ingredients for about 150-175 pounds of lube is here and is waiting delivery to Sunbdog's place where MOAS lives. However, we desire the extra money because we have spent 885 bucks to date, with 50 paying customers so far. fmr72901 at juno dot com. ... felix

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote