New
Find
Notify
Tools

.25-20 GC Moulds In
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
No sizers, yet, but all the paid mould orders are addressed and ready to go. I'll get them in the mail this morning.

No time to clean one and cast a few, so I can't give any details.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the mail.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well - made the front sight for the Win 92, cleaned it up (didn't help much - bore still looks pretty dark, but there is some shine on the lands).

Dug out some 275 or so cases - all sized and primed now.

Casting in the near future. Have a Lyman GC boolet to compare with these two. Good thing I fixed the leak in the roof window too (it's right above the Lyman Mag 20).

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cleaned up the mold, did a little Leementing, and cast some yesterday. Mine is the PB variety. Cast up some dandy lookin' boolits that weighed in at 80 grains plus or minus. Wheelweight alloy with I think a little extra tin. Just what was in the pot leftover from last casting session. Boolits mic .258-.260. Seem a little out of round. Slung some in a little Mayo jar with some Johnson's Wax and warmed on the wood stove. I sloshed 'em around in the jar warm and poured 'em out to cool. Today I loaded some in mixed 250 Savage brass, WLRP, over 2.5 grains Red Dot dipped using .22LR case dipper. Everthing precise, scientific, simple, and boolits unsized. Shot 'em all from the back porch leaning against a post at my 20 yard boolit trap. All hit within an inch of my aim point. Rifle is sighted in with 100 gr. condoms at factory velocity. Seven shots went in less than 1/2 inch. All precise and scientific. Velocity? No idea, but slow. Dandy for short range plinking. I love it when a plan comes together. Thanks to all who made this boolit possible. Regards, Woody

Bring a kid along.

Posts: 98 | Location: S.E. Oregon too close to PRK | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
Leftoverdj,

All arrived safely! And Looook'n GOOD! Smiler

Thank you again for taking this on!! jump

Regards,

WE

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leftoverdj,
have the sizers been sent out? if so i have yet to recieve mine, i got the mold and it is great, thanks again for all the work that went into this project.
Jerry White

Posts: 44 | Location: Maine | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the oversight, Jerry. I thought I had sent them all out, but you're the second person I missed. I also missed cashing your check. It's been over six months so I'll send it along with your sizer and ask you to write a new one.

It is a good citizen's duty to love the country and hate the gubmint.