New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman 323471
 Login/Join

posted
WTB Lyman 323471 bullet mould

Posts: 2 | Location: Greenville, MS | Registered: 03 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Me too! I have been lobbying Lyman to remake some of these for years.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill. You and I corresponded via snail mail several years back. I've been enjoying your articles in The Fouling Shot. I hope to see some more of them.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
'471 is an interesting looking design. I sized some down yrs ago for 30 caliber. Shot fairly well too all things considered.

My interest was in the high ballistic coefficent, which methinks is around .470 or so. I wouldn't recut a mold to the driver and lube capacity of '471 though, preferring to put more metal in the drivers for grip and reducing the Loverin type grooves which carry more than needed.

I have 308329, an equivalent spitzer design recut making the bore ride a full dia driver at .309 for some .125" of length. Shoots very good and flatter to 600 yds starting with less muzzle velocity than my LBT spitzer, which 170 grs compared to 329's 186 grs.

Lie-man will ever make another run of those molds as demand wouldn't be great enough. Maybe Dan at Mountain molds will adopt a similar design or a 20 mold run at Lee [doing a Grumble] is doable. Any tuned and polished Lee mold is better than no mold a tall, and better than most Lie-man's.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote