THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any .452/380 gr. paper patch LEE molds available?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A while back, someone on the board led a charge to have Lee make a run of cast bullet molds for 45 cal paper patch use. It was .452" in diameter, and 380 grain in weight. I contacted Lee Precision, and said they couldn't make it without permission from the originator.

First, are there any of these molds available from board contributors that would be willing to sell?

Second: Will there be another run, if so, I would like to order one.

Third: If anyone can point me in the right direction as to how to get one of these molds, I sure would appreciate it. thanks

Rick (aka "buttstock")
pontoon@adelphia.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact elbStJoeMO on the aimoo board at

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=514616

one of us
posted Hide Post
There may be a mould available. One that a friend of my son's ordered. He sold his 45/70 rifle and he's in the middle of a divorce. I told my son to let him know I'm interested in the mould. He is a truck driver and is on the road a lot of the time (one of the reasons for the divorce). I'll let you know on this board if he want's to sell it.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
buttstock are you the guy that said he has a back ground
in paper making??????

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been in the papermaking industry for over 20 years (seeing that in writing makes me feel old). If this is about paper patching bullets... yes, I was the one who had the post about trying lens paper for paper jackets- as it didn't have high filler levels of calcium carbonate/inorganic fillers (abrasive on bore). My email is pontoon@adelphia.net. How can I help?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the .45 paper patch mould shipped to me from NY if you are still interested. Buttstock, Email me or private message me if you still want it.

Ed Barrett
AKA elbStJoeMO

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote