New
Find
Notify
Tools

ACCURATE SCOTT-453
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know where reloading data for this surplus powder can be found? I have an old Scot pamphlet and it doesn't list this powder and none of my Accurate Arms manuals do either. Any thoughts before I purchase some of this for use with cast bullets and handguns or maybe, reduced rifle loads? (Also, notice the difference in the spelling of Scot/Scott) Thanks...BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i bought some of this stuff from Pat's i guess and i've been using it in 12 ga shotgun....to be honest with you i just pulled a light load out of my butt and started chronographing until i got my 1150FPS with 1 oz of #8 shot....seem like i tried some in the pistol (Can't remember which one or Caliber) but it was dirty as hell with lots of unburned powder.....light loads will do that you know...i think if i were you i'd buy the Accurate 2,5,7 instead...unless you're going to run it in a shotgun....DICK

Posts: 8 | Location: NC | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does 453 show up on any burn rate charts?

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
BCB, What pistol calibers are you planing to load? I have a loading chart. CULEX

Posts: 8 | Location: Harrington, Delaware | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is between Alliant Green Dot and Unique, according to GS Custom Bullets burn rate chart.

Posts: 43 | Location: Okla. | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now take the Lyman data and extropolate the mid-lund chg between those two powders and your set. Unique is said to be one of the most versatile powders ever. This one sounds like it's worth a looksee at a good price.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact Jon Loubser at Accurate Arms 1-800-416-3006 xtn 265 and he can email you a couple of data sheets. YOS
cukrus