Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.44 cast bullet drawings
 Login/Join

posted
i operate a pattern shop that has cnc and i am thinking about playing around with machining my own molds for .44 keith style gas check 250 gr.
does anyone know of drawings that are available or do i need to aquire some cast bullets to mic ? any help is great.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two of the Keith type moulds in 44 and 38 caliber but both of them are plain base without a gascheck. BM

Bill

Posts: 128 | Location: Hensley, AR | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you are wasting your time with the Keith boolit because there are a pile of molds for them and even the Lee mold will make good boolits. I think you can find a bunch for sale. If you want power and accuracy for hunting or to download for fun, make an LBT style mold for a 320 gr. gas check boolit.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks bfshooter,then here comes the next ?? do you have any info on the LBT style 320 gr. GC
or equivilent?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have a few left and will try to get some accurate measurements for you. I am a little lost with the new format they have here. If there is a private message area for me to get your E-mail I can scan stuff for you or just send you a few boolits.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Go to www.mountainmolds.com and use Dan's program to design the boolit of your dreams. You will get all dimensions printed automatically. If you decide to make your boolit "at home" and not let Dan do it, it would be fair to offer some renumeration to him for using his program. I know for a fact that it took a couple of years to make that program work as well as it does. ... felix

felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Felix, thanks for the plug. Anyone is welcome to use the design program at no charge. Eventually I'll add some lawyer talk reserving any legal rights to the designs created on the site, but even that will be mostly a formality to cover my ass and not to discourage people from using the site.

Posts: 1095 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"" i operate a pattern shop that has cnc and i am thinking about playing around with machining my own molds for .44 keith style gas check 250 gr.
does anyone know of drawings that are available or do i need to aquire some cast bullets to mic ? any help is great.""

There are several moulds that we've collectively designed for which I've got the drawings on CAD. (And there are others that other folks have the drawings.) I'm sure that here and there are some folks that would be interested in owning one.

Tim K
(trk)
Cat whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote