New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cast Boolits Site
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
45 I know you don't want to hear this but even after their fixes the site sucks big time. Half the time I can't get in it and the other time that I am in it, it quits. Here's an example of an error I got from it: The error may be caused by the invalid variable.
Date and Time:Tue Sep 23 10:04:06 PDT 2003
Browser:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)
Remote Address:216.98.86.117
Http Referer:
Template/forum/freeboard.cfm
Query String:id=514616&NoCaches=Yes&xxx=1015
Diagnostics: The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: CFQUERY
The error occurred on line 313.
Please notify the Administrator of this error. Remember to provide your aimoo ID and all pertinent information.

For questions please email: error@aimoo.com

At least this site works all the time for me and can post pics on it too. We're never going to have the old shooters forum back so why is everyone so eager to jump from this site to another? Hell of a way to keep the clan together with us all jumping all over the place. We need to settle down at one.

Joe

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
As far as I am concerned, this site is the one until we can come up with our own. Sundog and I have not talked about it lately, mainly because we got to get the lube out before any other task. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
My intent in setting up Cast Boolits was not to replace Shooters,it is gone,past,history. The intent was to offer another option to us. There have been many times AR was down as well,even once in the brief history of my site AR has been down ! That is one of the reasons Cast Boolits is here. Another reason is way back in the Shooters Days I wandered around to AR,BSB,Sixgunner,et all. We all have varying tastes and no single web site could possibly fulfill our desires and I doubt that one that dared try would have a chance either. I am not in this for money or glory. There have been a couple of times in the past days I wondered why I dared tread in such a potentially snake infested field. No good deed goes unpunished it would seem. Patience has never been one of my virtues and mine has been tested by the episode that a server change has presented. I am sure even Saeed has cursed a techical glitch that made AR unavailable to the members here. I am not an ungrateful person and AR has been a friend. I will persevere and hope all of you the best. 45nut

BTW Cast Boolits is back up now and appears to be faster and more stable than ever.

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I emailed allvertical. Don't know if/when I will get a reply. I'm thinkin' maybe a few industry sponsors, if possible, and, well, it sounds like a lot of work IF we can even get it going. I cannot afford all the firewall and software, so I'm thinkin' it would have to housed somewhere that can provide that for us which = cost. But, I AM with you guys, a chronological list for sure. We'll just see what happens. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm,
Industry sponsor-------got that,Mountain Molds
Chonological listing---got that too....last 20
posts or last 20 threads.
Housed somewhere else,potentially open to their snafus. OK there too even AR is open to snafus. Last nite was a prime example.
Costs,yes....but paid up for 225,000 page views already and a surplus fund already....?

Sounds alot like Cast Boolits. And new servers seem to be stable now and faster than ever. C'mon over guys.....45nut

one of us
posted Hide Post
Once agin, 45Nut, appreciate your efforts with the aimoo site---very user friendly and homey!

Sides, it features that dynamic duo, Buckshot and carpetman.

IMHO, the more the merrier. ---kid jethrow---

Posts: 31 | Location: Arizona, cerca de la frontera y lejos de D�os | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
They ain't no busts in the corporate "mainframe" environment anymore. But, you pay for it too. The question to us, however, is how much. I have not talked to Baldor as of yet, but I can get the use of their hardware no problems, but they don't have the software we need. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45Nut, great, but it doesn't do any good if you can't get signed up.... sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sundog,
Sent you an email. 45nut

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Cast Bullet Site is ok, BUT it won't let me have my handle or password! I can't remember strange passwords and since many sites are available, I won't use one with odd sign in credentials. Change it so others won't have the same problems and you might get more response.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Over at 45 Nutts place for some reason I couldnt get carpetman so I'm carpetmanray and nobody recognizes me. I was able to get my password changed once in. I agree having a password you can remember is better. Initially it does assign you a password that you wouldn't remember then after that you change it. The old gang is starting to show up there and it's running smoother lately. Had some slow days--but so has this place. You can login and click on TODAY and atleast get the last 20 posts in chrono order which makes it somewhat easier to stay abreast.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote