New
Find
Notify
Tools

When does 1 x 3 = 5
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had the opportunity to bust some porkers this weekend while huntin' for deer.

Well it's not really new math......

1 shot

at three hogs

and 5 dead!

Killed this one cause she was purdy! The smaller hog happened to be in the wrong place at the right time. Collateral damage so to speak.

Killed this one 'cause I could. He's a fat little booger.

Killed this one cause he was ugly! Small hog, more collateral damage.

First three fell to 130 gr. 6.5 mm accubonds

Second two were felled by 150 gr. 7mm ballistic silvertip.

And yes Doris, not only did the ballistic tip enter and exit, but did so on the second porker. In fact you could say it put his lights out.

Best
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't do this to me--I haven't killed a hog in months. Haven't been any coming to my main place, my secondary is off-limits until after deer season (come on Sunday!), and my bow spot has one now and then.

And, that is a fat one for sure--going to render the fat?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
And Geedubya does it once again........congratulations -- nice shooting! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Geedubya. You've whetted my anticipation for my hog hunting trip to Texas in a week. I can hardly wait anyway, and those pictures just make me want to change my ticket and go now.

I didn't ask, but I figure the timing of my arrival to thin out the hog population is such that I don't interfeer with their deer hunting. I think that's over by the first of January where we'll be hunting this year. I'm hopeing to get one like that medium size fat one in your pictures, because this year I'm determined to bring some pork back to Alaska with me.

One of my Texas buddys offered to catch one for me, and I could buy a coller and leash and check it at the airport as a pet. Do ya think that might work? Could save the extra baggage fees?

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kabluey,
did you ever see the movie "Doc Hollywood" with Michael J Fox.
Sure it would work. Just tell em' it was an east Tex cur dog, or your cousin (also from east Tx.)if you want it to sit next to you on the plane. in many areas of E. Tx. , they look much the same.
'Specially if they are 2nd generation meth- heads.
Best
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
When I visit there, I don't spend much time with a variety of local folks, just my hunting buddies, the deer, hogs, racoons, and squirrels. And I don't have any relatives there. I gave up one Saturday of hunting, and my friends and I went to a big invitation only bar-b-que, and lots of locals were there, all related and/or friends of mutual friends, etc. That was probably the nicest bunch of people I've ever been around. The bar-b-que and other food was just awesome.

One pass through walmart provides plenty of entertainment re the variety of characters that live there. I'm quite sure that all those Walmart people pictures floating around by email are taken in stores in East Texas. There is a never-ending supply of photogenic types there, and they multiply. That is truely a stunningly diverse gene pool of humanity that you live among down there. Scientists say that we all have common ancestry - way back when - out of Africa kinda thing - but I dunno about that. DNA - amazing ain't it? I'm quite sure that science is wrong about the extinction of Neanderthals, because in East Texas you can walk among um, in the zoo they call Walmart. Wink

BTW, the only critter that I would have claimed as related was my beloved lab, but I only claimed she was part of the family, adopted not related, only because of color. Wink

KB

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those folks in WM--by wife's cousin back in SE Missouri calls 'em "Chitwoods", and the Ozarks have an abundance of the E Tx types you mentioned.

Deer season? Regular season ends tomorrow around here, but 2 more weeks of ML season (but no bows allowed Mad). However, I have 2 more weeks of antlerless/spike season on my other spot. S. Tx -- I think the season goes on for another 2 wks plus 2 wks of antlerless/spike.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"