New
Find
Notify
Tools

Death Sentence Passed!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Went to the pig place today to re-set my ladder stand which I had taken down to replace the platform. While there, I pulled the card from the game cam and upon viewing the pics tonight, I felt compelled to convene a court. After reviewing the evidence, which is one very poor picture, the jury returned with a guilty verdict, and being the judge, I imposed the death sentence. Sentence to be carried out tomorrow night! More to follow.

And, as someone said (Edgar Allan Poe?), 'twas a dark and foggy night" . . .

Click to enlarge, and the guilty party is the one on the right. The pair on the left are accessories, but may stand in for the guilty one if they show first.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dustoffer,

Will be waiting for your next report. Best of luck.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like you need to tighten that barbed wire....... Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
We wait in eager anticipation....... Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Something about being judge, jury, and executioner for feral hogs that is mighty satisfying. After dinner tonight, I motored out to the ranch, and got in my seat and was all set by 7:29. It was a somewhat windy, but nice night--thin overcast with a 1st quarter moon that gave enough light I could see all the way to the fence across the pasture--about 120 yds, without binocs. Temp was about 60 or so, and I was a bit warm from the walk to the stand so didn't put my jacket on. At 7:33 the dinner bell rang, and I verified my bipod was at the correct length, chair was appropriately positioned, earmuffs on, and rifle loaded and across my legs. Heard a few coyotes in the distance, and the sounds of some kids playing outside at the house across the highway--about a half-mile away. Scanned the pasture several times--nothing. Then I happened to look toward the fence and there were 6 black blobs there where there is only supposed to be dry grass. Put the glasses on 'em and it was 6 pigs indeed. I couldn't shoot that direction without repositioning, so I waited for them to step into the "execution chamber". However, as they got to within about 10 yards, the kids across the highway started laughing, and the pigs backed off about 15 yds. As spooky as they are, and not wanting them to leave, I slowly repositioned and got set for a shot. Even though they were not in the lights at the feeder, no problem seeing the heavy duplex and pigs through the scope. Slipped the safety off and looked 'em over -- the guilty party wasn't amongst them. So, I just picked out the largest of the 6, laid the reticle intersection just in front of the ear, and touched it off. Rest of them hauled pork from my right to left, and if I had been in my most northern hide, and had the shotgun too, might have knocked down a couple on the run with buckshot. But, I looked back at the one I shot and it was a "DRT" event-not even pedaling. Packed things up, hung my chair back in the tree, and walked out to the pig. Pretty good sized one, with a "headache". Back to the truck, bring the winch out, hoist her up, weigh her, and swing her into the truck, head for town. Weight--161 lbs. And, from the looks of her belly, she is surely pregnant although I didn't field dress her to do a post-mortem. Took her to WalMart where I met our church custodian 24 minutes later and handed her off, then home. Sometimes it's just too dang easy--but I love it!

This isn't the big 'un, but his/her time is coming.

Second pic is a little closer shot of the damage the 55-gr ballistic tip did to her thought processer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job jumping

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb
thumb

One for the both of ya!!

----------------------------

Posts: 124 | Location: Waukeenah, Fl | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
spent the afternoon on my lease, partly on tnhe 4 wheeler .. good pig sign, and no one else out there after deer season .. NICE .. no piggies seen though

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38523 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
AWESOME! Now you just need to carry out the sentences for the others... Big Grin

We'll be eagerly awaiting pictures...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9344 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby--will probably be back in the saddle Monday night. That gives them a couple of nights to regain their courage. According to my count, that is 14 I've popped since the first of May plus 3 in the trap, and I think 10 of the 14 have been sows, so I'm shooting the right ones (is there a wrong feral hog?).

I'll be keeping y'all posted.