THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: You're not going to believe this....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of b.martins
posted
Whitworth,

I believe it. It is not that uncommon!
I have seen it happen, unexpectedly, at least twice.
And I have done it more than once, intentionally, when wild boar hunting by moonlight.

B.Martins

Posts: 538 | Location: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: 16 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whitworth,

I believe you! I did it too on my first ever hog hunt. Just a lucky shot.

Two little piggies taken with one shot from my Ruger M77 Magnum .375 H&H using 300gr RN Hornady bullets. (Photo was taken back at the skinning shed.)

(Camp Cooley Ranch in Franklin, Texas in 2001.)

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah it happens, I know a guy that tries for multiple hits when hunting piggies, and have seen multiples on deer also, but not intentional. Sounds like you got plenty of pork for sausage and roast. Congrats.

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Same here, I've got a twofer numerous times. Its not unusual to have numerous hogs come in to a feeder. All you have to do is wait for a couple to line up and then nail them. I try to shoot them just behind the ear. I got two that weighed about 90 pounds each this way two weeks ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was hunting a feeder after dark and a bunch of pigs came in.There was still enough light to see fairly well and I picked out a big pig ,drew my bow and switched on my light.At the shot the pigs scatterred.Before I could get all my stuff together and get down my hunting buddy had arrived to pick me up.

I told him I had arrowed a nice big black pig.We were able to locate a blood trail quickly and fifty yards later came upon a small red pig.

"That's not my pig", I said."I shot a big black one."

"It's got your arrow sticking out of it's butt", MY PARTNER POINTED OUT.

You can already guess what happened.We went back to the scene of the crime and found another blood trail that led us to a big black very dead sow.The poor little piggy that took the Texas Heart Shot was merely an innocent bystander.

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I've had many clients do it, usually while I was saying, "Don't shoot, there's another pig in the way!"

I've done it on purpose myself and it's pretty fun to try to line them up right to do it cleanly. I always thought it would be cool to try to do it with the pigs lengthwise instead of broadside. It would take a serious rifle/bullet combo, but that would be half the fun.

My other guide that works for me has had two different situations where they saw ONE pig, the client lined up, fired once and they walked up and found TWO dead pigs. Thank goodness it's a legal mistake and the clients are proud as can be with their lucky accident.

Kyler

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote