Find
Notify
Tools

My First Pig
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted
Don't know if this picture post will work but here goes! Shot in TX last week. Hunted on AR Forum member's ranch (thanks Wendell)!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid154/pdc5612ce45739e18d09f7d5cde111efe/f5733a7b.jpg

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pig

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Another spottie just like guess'! Haven't seen a lot of that pattern in California for about the last 10-12 years. And curly, too. Nice munchin' piggies.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
30ott6,

Nice pig, pretty good tusks too.thumb They look to be about 2 1/2" out of the gumline. Not all porkers get nice teeth, hope you kept them.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Yes, I kept the entire skull.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Good job on the hog. I asked Wendell if you two had been successful when I was speaking to him last week before heading out hunting myself. As others have said, finding the ones with the long teeth can take a fair bit of both luck and skill, and you should be proud.

Did Wendell skin the head out for you? What are you going to do with it? I'm thinking about a paperweight for my desk from a much smaller boar I killed earlier this year (I was the only one on my block skinning out a hog head on the front porch around New Year's).

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
We dropped the head off at Wendell's taxidermist. I am not sure what I will do with it. Thinking of having it sit on a table below my Warthog shoulder mount.

Sorry we did not get to meet you while in Dallas. SBT and I had a super time and are hoping we can return next year.

John

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I spent all day Saturday (during the DSC) waiting for a repairman at home. Hopefully next year my calendar will be clear -- unless I am hunting, which was my back-up plan this year as whitetail season is still on in the first part of January.

If you are having the skull cleaned, there is a place that bronzes them, and they look pretty good (at least on the website).

http://www.skulltaxidermy.com/index.html

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't pull it up...I am forbidden so I stongly suspect you shot my friend WR, but I can understand that, there is a resembalance sofa.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41950 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote