Tools

Re: A good sized Texas Pig
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted
Congrats on a great trophy boar!

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Somebody had their foot on the scales. #280 tops, and that's being generous.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm guess'n 200-250 lbs. Nice mount.

Posts: 202 | Location: davenport, iowa | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He's pretty thick and long and so is the pig so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd be more inclined to guess the wt at about 275 to 300, but I wasn't there, pictures can be deceptive and the pig might have grown as he aged and the story was told. Pigs do that.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,Thanks for posting the pictures. I won't address the other comments made. I weighed it and had it mounted. No need to lie or stretch it any, I just stated what the critter weighed.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That's one hell of a hog! What did you take it with?

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Mine stretched out about that long but wasn't quite as thick through the shoulder; weighed 319. I don't doubt 385 at all.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whitworth, I shot him with a 300 Weatherby using a handloaded 180 grain Nosler Partition. He fell at the shot, distance was right at 125 yards.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote