Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Now how do I close this topic?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Six months is excessive. Friendship works both ways.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Boil.Pressure Wash. Bleach. Then you can store it elsewhere
If it's a skull it won't deteriorate in your freezer. Can sit there for years.

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stake it out or bury next to a fire ant nest.
Let them clean it up for you.
Skulls will last a long time if rodents don't chew them up.

He must not want it bad enough or is waiting for you to get tired of storing it and take care of it yourself.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
refuses to provide a shipping address

????? Is it his skull and you're holding it for him?

If it is yours and you promised it to him I would get the brains out then soak it in a brine and then salt the heck out of it. I think it would dry out and keep well after that.

Six months is way too long.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give him a week's final notice and if he doesn't pick it up, chunk it. It's not like it's a elephant skull. Pig heads are not hard to come by.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bring him his pig skull and pick-up all of the tools he's borrowed, from you and hasn't returned. These tendencies tend to go hand-in-hand. What...? Too harsh

My thoughts exactly...

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3071 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
December 1st it is going in the garbage can.

You are too kind... no way I would wait that long.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
Even worse the individual in question has been contacted by a mutual friend and still nothing.

I have had it in my freezer for at least 6 months.

How long is too long?

Call the mutual friend and have him tell the guy he has three days to pick the skull up or it is going in the trash!

This guy can't be much of a friend if he is dodging you on this, and won't even give you a place to send it! I would have already toss the damn thing!
......................................................................... Nobody needs fiends like this guy!
...................................................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
actually - the culprit here is me.

mea maxima culpa -

no excuses -- my fault.

i talked with andy tonight ..

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An arrangement has been made. Now how do I delete this thread?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, the easiest method I have found to clean skulls is crawdads. Find a pond with Crawdads in it, secure the skull with wire, wire the jaws together or at least secure both with wire. Throw it in the pond, and forget it for a couple weeks.

Obviously, tie a rope to it or a long piece of wire.

The crawdads will get into every nook and cranny and eat it all off.

Comes out nice and clean!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Just FYI, the easiest method I have found to clean skulls is crawdads. Find a pond with Crawdads in it, secure the skull with wire, wire the jaws together or at least secure both with wire. Throw it in the pond, and forget it for a couple weeks.

Obviously, tie a rope to it or a long piece of wire.

The crawdads will get into every nook and cranny and eat it all off.

Comes out nice and clean!

This gave me a great idea & we can't bring a hog head across the border from Mx with any meat on it, had to leave it behind. When I go back this week...I will try this method, but first check for crawdads. Thanks!

"A Lone Hunter is the Best Hunter..."

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote