one of us
posted
Rug,
I sent you an email.

Ray

Posts: 187 | Location: USMC | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the meat too much to shoot anywhere but the head/neck. I have yet to recover a bullet from the skull shot. I shot a boar in a wallow that dropped in the muck and had to tie a rope to him cause I couldn't load him. Then towwed him (100yds) to a creek to clean him up before gutting him and loading. 285 gr. grand slam speer nitrex

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot 3 pigs in the Gul with my cz 550 .375 H&H the bullet used was the Hornady 300 gr Round Nose over 78 grains of AR2209 with win brass and win lr primer. Two pigs dropped at the shoyts they where both angling shots, and the one I shot broadside made it 10 yards. No bullets where recovered but I saw dust come up behind each pig after the shots so exits occurred. I also shot a couple with that year with my 30/06 with 165 gr ballistic tips and despite solid hits both pigs made it far enough into the undergrwith that we could not find them. So I conclude that the .375 H&H is not overgunnued for pigs and is more of a good thing. For full penetration from the rear end I would bet on the woodleigh 300 gr .375 bullet over the Hornady, I have had the Hornady lose a lot of weight on small grassy's.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot a lot of warthogs with a 375 H&H,,,it certainly works and isn't bad at all about meat damage if you use a good tough bullet...I like the GS flat nose solids or the Northfork flat nose solid....

On Texas hogs, I woul about as soon have a 30-30 or 06...

Posts: 41889 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote