Notify
Tools

New knife
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
This is my last acquisition, supposedly I will have it next week Big Grin

I am eager to test it under "extreme hunting" situations (obviously I count on you, Juan, for this ! WinkCool) as son as possible - or I should rather say as soon as my right knee allows me to..... Mad

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Okay, I've waited all day for you to tell us the details about the knife. Well???

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like it would work well for sticking a pig

Posts: 470 | Location: Texas/NYC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OH!!! I like that one too

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Wery fine, i wonder what Rex Apllegate would have said about that one?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I used the kerambit a lot ,i tested it in the field ,just perfect ,and this design is very good for hog hunting ,i sent Carlos Juarez a lot of info about hog hunting and he listen his friends .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
On respect on your knee when i was medical dr at the army i saw a lot of injuries because of parachuting ,i made the training only and i jump a lot of times of the tower and my rigth knee was injured only by the training ,i hope you heel it ,you know i have an injurie in me rigth knee and hip due to years of full contact training .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never suffered more than temporary injuries (limp around for two or three days) when I was jumping, but I do sleep on the floor most nights because the bed isn't hard enough and bothers my back. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

I've bumped into a couple of other ex-paratroops who also sleep on the floor; it seems an unlikely co-incidence.

analog_peninsula

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
Okay, I've waited all day for you to tell us the details about the knife. Well???

Sorry but I was some days out ... no much more info to say upto now ... these knives are made by a friend of mine (Carlos Juarez) and the one of the pic is a prototype ... I will ask him all tech specs and will post them... I was very pleased by its look Cool and I am sure it will satisfy all requirements when we could finnally test it - with Juan ´s help ! Cool

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rattlesnaker:
Looks like it would work well for sticking a pig

Just for what it was made for !!! Cool Big Grin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
I used the kerambit a lot ,i tested it in the field ,just perfect ,and this design is very good for hog hunting ,i sent Carlos Juarez a lot of info about hog hunting and he listen his friends .Juan

So bad we missed each other last weekend, Juan Mad !!! Did you received my sms ? Confused

We will test this knife together my friend !!

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analog_peninsula:
I never suffered more than temporary injuries (limp around for two or three days) when I was jumping, but I do sleep on the floor most nights because the bed isn't hard enough and bothers my back. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

I've bumped into a couple of other ex-paratroops who also sleep on the floor; it seems an unlikely co-incidence.

analog_peninsula

Well I must admit I like sleeping on the floor also, where I feel much more comfortable than in my own bed ... and indeed my knee injury was caused by parachuting

my wife also thinks I am rather crazy - but I am quite sure that the mentioned isn´t the only reason she would use to sustain her thoughts ... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Afrikaander:
Sorry but I was some days out ... no much more info to say upto now ... these knives are made by a friend of mine (Carlos Juarez) and the one of the pic is a prototype ... I will ask him all tech specs and will post them... I was very pleased by its look Cool and I am sure it will satisfy all requirements when we could finnally test it - with Juan ´s help ! Cool

I look forward to a report from your hunt with the knife!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We will test the knife a lot and them send it back to the Fabric ,ill ask another with drpo point and wiothout the handguard similar the Busse combat knife design we will test the daga too and send the reports we have several kind of hogs in the area so we will test them a lot .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This has nothing at al to do with the knife since I believe that if I am close enough to stick 'em I'm close enough to shoot 'em. I, too am a former para, am 65 and sleep very comfortable on the bed. My only pains come from various punctures caused by unfriendly folks trying to harm my mothers favorite son.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
First of all ,i ant to say that knife hunting is more dangerous to the dogs than to the hunter ,second shooting with the dogs catching the boars is very dangerous ,third its interseting after you killed hundreds of boars with rifle test different weapons ,and i admire you PARAS you are brave men ,i was a md in a para regiment and i admire the PARAS a lot .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Chick:
This has nothing at al to do with the knife since I believe that if I am close enough to stick 'em I'm close enough to shoot 'em.

That´s quite obvious ... but when you are hunting with dogs you have to realize that you have not only to kill your prey but mainly to avoid by all means the possibilty of injuring any of the participating dogs ...

Once the bullet has exit the barrel you have no control upon it, that´s why knives are used ... besides IMHO hunting with knives has a sort of magic (atavic magic I should better say) that is quite adicting Cool

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Only knife and not spear put you in the middle of the figth ,and yes is addicting ,i like to test differnt knives and techniques and different knids of dogs .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA