New
Find
Notify
Tools

Introduction - 2007 Wild Boar Hunting EXPO TEXAS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Cody Weiser and I'm from Hallettsville, Texas. I am an avid boar hunter and own "Wild Boar USA" magazine. I am an administrator over at Texasboars.com, but was very excited to be pointed in the direction of this forum. I have read thru many of the posts and I am excited to see the vast diversity and locations of the members. I hope to read and learn much from everyone here. I would like to invite everyone to the first ever Wild Boar Hunting EXPO to be held here in Hallettsville, TX on Feb. 3 & 4, 2007. Admission will be free with a donation of a canned good that will be donated to the local area food bank. We have booths coming from as far as Sweden and Australia and have had spectators call about hotel info from Hawaii and Pennsylvania. The EXPO will be a gathering of "anything & everything" wild boar and will cover, trapping, dog hunting, rifle hunting, scents, taxidermy, and gear. Hopefully it will be a couple days where a bunch of hog hunters can just get together and fellowship and talk hogs!
I hope to get to know the people here and again....GREAT forum!

Cody Weiser

Cody Weiser

Posts: 72 | Location: Hallettsville, Texas | Registered: 23 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those of you who do not know, I didn't I looked it up,
Hallettsville is about midway between Houston and San Antonio.

I may just have to head on down there.

Thanks for the info.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Cody, where is this going to be held at in Hallettsville?

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I just subscribed to your magazine and would like to attend. Are you gonna serve SPAM? troll

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The EXPO will be held in the "just finished" William Baber Expo Center (80,000 sq ft) it is a very nice facility and on the north side of Hallettsville. There will be a map posted on www.wildboarusa.com within the next couple weeks, but there will be signs pointing the way throughout Hallettsville that weekend.

NO SPAM, but there should be good food to eat!

Cody Weiser

Posts: 72 | Location: Hallettsville, Texas | Registered: 23 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
sounds like fun

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billinthewild,

Not trying to be a "Troll"....just want to introduce myself and hope I can become an active member of this board. Yep....I do make money off of boars....it is what I do....but I'm not trying to push anything on anyone. The EXPO is free admission and the first ever gathering of only boar hunters that we know of. PM me your address and I will send you a free copy of my publication...if you like it fine....if not there is Boar Hunter or California Hog Hunter or Bayed Solid....all good hog hunting publications. This is not a 1 or 2 post "advertisement" for me....I hope to be around for a while if allowed and become a contributing member of this forum.

Cody Weiser

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Iwas suscribed to your excellent magazine and i was in the extreme trohy room page several times ,do you konw how billinthe wild meet your mag he found it here in Argentina ,see the photos of his hunt with knife rifle and his beatiful bowen 45colt.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juanpozzi,

You are talking about "Boar Hunter" magazine...I worked for them for 3 years as a field editor. Very good publication. I own "Wild Boar USA"....totally seperate publication. Boar Hunter is out of Georgia...We are located in Texas.

Cody Weiser

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Cody Weiser. Open mouth, insert foot. I did not mean to disparage you in any way by the use of that gremlin about trolls. If I did, my apologies. I welcome you to this forum and look forward to meeting you and getting a copy of your magazine. salute
If you are interested I will send you a copy of the article I am planning to write about my trip to Argentina.

By chance will you be at the Dallas Safari CLub convention in January? I am planning to drive down for that one.

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun to me
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38593 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billinthewild,
Thank you for the welcome. No negative feelings about the SPAM sign....you've got to watch out for that.
If I have my days right I think the Dallas Safari Club Show and SHOT Show in Orlando are booked on the same weekend. I'm planning on being in Orlando to make the rounds. I would definately like to read your article.
Thanks again for the welcome!

Cody Weiser

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
OH excuse me ,i never read your mag but ill try ti find one here welcome to the forum i love bacon busters too from Australia.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Rode in the High School Rodeo there in 66. The town was about 80,000 sq.ft then. Big Grin

That is going to be a road trip fer sure.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey cody it's jeff story. i sent you an email a long time ago to change my phone number on the scorer list. welcome to the board

http://www.gitrbayed.com
makeing bears and boars worst nightmare come true since 1990

Posts: 30 | Location: tennessee | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Black Gold, if you want a story for your Magazine, come down to the 4K ranch right after the DSC convention. About 25 of us with double rifles are hunting hogs down there.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff...how are things

Cody Weiser

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
black gold please post the website of your mag.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Cody. I just subscribed to your magazine. I would like to buy a gift subscription for Juan Pablo Pozzi in Argentina. How do I do that?

thumb

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just call the office @ 1-866-307-1999

Cody Weiser

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Cody,

Welcome to AR!! I plan on attending. Your new magazine is very good. I know a lot of our Posse members will want to come as well.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bill ill try to coloborate with the magazine sending photos and articles about boar hunting here .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Cody. Just called the office and Juan is now signed up as well as myself.. cheers
We need a hog hunting gremlin.....

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
posted Hide Post
I plan on being at the EXPO.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After reading this the other night I sent Cody a pm and today rec'd a copy of his fine little magazine.

Great reading and I appreciate getting the free copy. Shall keep it handy and try to subscribe to it in Jan. Am spent out this month. Blew a head gasket & cracked a head, now the manifold won't fit the other head. When it rains as they say.

IF I can get down there for pigs in Feb. I'll consider writing about it and sending pictures Cody.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5958 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cody, I'd love to come to the expo, but have to save my sheckles for taking momma to Mexico, in March. However, if you have a 2nd. annual, I'd sure like to combine it with a south Texas hog huntnext year.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds Great!

Cody Weiser

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Cody,
I have posted in your Forum a couple of times and I have found lots of good information about pig hunting. Great Forum thumb
Welcome to AR !!
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to be here! Hope to see you all in February in Hallettsville at the EXPO!

Cody Weiser

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I drive through Halletsville about twice a week going to my ranch near Hochheim. We definitely have hogs although they got scarce for awhile during the drought. I'll stop by.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ijust received wild boar usa magazine cortesy of billinthewild great photos excellent knife i only wish the magazine grew up in size .Thank you cuchillo Bill

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 2007 Wild Boar Hunting EXPO is almost here! To give you a little taste of what to expect this coming weekend in Hallettsville:

Hog-Dog Gear
Hunting Ranches
Attraction Scents
Custom Made Knives
ATV's
MINI-Trucks
Boar Taxidermy
Feeder Lights
Wild Boar Art
Pig Pipes
Feeders
Traps
Truck Accessories
Bow Mounted Lights
Wild Boar T-Sirts
Wild Boar Jewelry
Game Processing
Tracking Systems

Plus a 35 foot Rock climbing mountain for both kids and adults.

Come and talk hogs with some of the most knowledgable folks in the industry. Share your stories, compare notes, and just have a GREAT time!

Admission is a non-perishable canned good or $1 at the door to be donated to the local area food banks.

Show times are Saturday from 9A-9P and on Sunday from 9A-5P with a church service being held at 8am.

The EXPO center is on the north side of town. Take County Road 200 east off of HWY 77. Look for the sign.

Call 1-866-307-1999 with any questions.
Limited booth space still available if you want to get in call SOON!

Cody Weiser