THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfect in every way ! A 53 kg European boar!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

My son, two friends and I were out tonight after pigs. We have pigs in the wheat, the barley and the maize. Lots of pigs! One of the concession holders shot two last night. Tonight was our turn!

The two friends and I sat on high seats over the crops and my son sat at a maize bait that we run all year round.

At 10:30 my boy texted me - he had a sounder of 2 big sows, 5 or 6 piglets and 1 boar at the bait - " I think its a boar, I am pretty sure."

I texted back "If you are 100% then shot him."

We do not shoot sows when piglets are around.

20 minutes later a shot broke. I called him.

"Pig down and it's a Keiler (a boar)!" Shot through both shoulders with his Sauer 404 XT Carbon with the bullet exiting and the pig dead on the spot. We dragged the pig to my son's car.

53 kgs dressed out.

Kept his cool, photos and videos on his Pard to make sure of the sex and when he was 120 % certain a clean broadside shoulder shot and a dead pig!

Perfect!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You've got him trained well Charlie.

Long nosed sucker huh?

Thanks for sharing the boys good luck and
judgement.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to see your run of good results on pig hunts continuing. Long may the luck stay with you. Congrats and good job.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2028 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Was that a 9.3? I think you may have talked about that rifle but I forgot. Congratulations. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Packy, Only seeing this now ....

quote:
Sauer 404 XT Carbon

in .30-06. Was what he wanted as a 21st birthday present. All the other kids got high end watches but he doesn't wear a watch and asked for the Sauer!

Smart kid, you can always ask someone what time it is but you cant really ask to borrow someones rifle!

Having said that I imagine that the watches will have a longer shelf / arm life than the Sauer but we will see ....

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2262 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote