New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Latest boar hunt results
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, I'm not certain how big he was by weight. I will tell you I shot one nearly identical looking but a fair bit smaller in Feb. That one was weighed on a Cabelas deer scale and pegged it at the 300 pound limit. It was clearly more then 300 pounds as the scale was pegged pretty easy. This one is by my estimate 50 pounds bigger. I would say a conservative estimate would be 340-370 pounds. He was just a massive beast that you really had to see to believe. I kinda wish I could have weighed him. What I wish more was that I could have killed and weighed the bigger one. I know that hog was well into the 400 pound catagory.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
But that just can't be true, JJ, hogs don't ever go over 200 lbs! Just kidding! Hate to be repetetive, but that's a great looking beast of a hog. I got a 150 pounder weekend before last and will try and go out this coming weeekend -- I'm feeling the need (something you surely understand). Congrats!

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, this hog is quite an animal.

Roland