New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not big. Not close. Just a miss!!
 Login/Join

posted
To all expert Warthog shooters.

In my recent hunt with Saeed in Tanzania I had some different view in what the anathomy of hogs is concerned.

First: If you shoot them a bit too far behind you will find some greene stuff instead of blood at the spot the hog was standing. Now, if the hog runs out of shit ..... will it die?? We followed this poor guy for miles until we found a big hole were he probably was hiding. We closed the cave and started digging. Boy oh boy that was hard work. Made me think why one will dig a grave before finding something to put in!! Anyhow the next morning we went back to finish the work just to find .... nothing!!
Second: Those pigs are much further then the reach of your gun. (They look a lot smaller than those pictures in previous posts) I miss an other pig which must have been not less then 1,2 km away. No kidding ..... the bullet bounced twice and came back that many times to ask for directions!!! Saeeds gun is just not good enough for long distance warthog shots!!
Third: If the heart of these hogs were just a bit closer to the point of impact I could have placed neat shots and could have carried 3 of them to the camp.

Walterhog

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
So what your saying Walterhog is that you need a genetically modified warthog that is as big as an Elephant (easier to see at long ranges) and with its heart close to its arse!

Posts: 7978 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

So what your saying Walterhog is that you need a genetically modified warthog that is as big as an Elephant (easier to see at long ranges) and with its heart close to its arse!

you could not be closer to the truth than that, Bakes. Just imaging all the tasks for the price of a pig ..... and on the back of the truck !!!
Walter