New
Find
Notify
Tools

California Hog Season?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of you California boys know when the Hog season starts down your Way??

Would like to go down around Redding or So to hunt them this spring.

Anyone know of any reliable outfitters or spots to hunt them?

Your input would be appreciated.
Cheers and Good Shooting
Seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seafire,

Open season all year in Ca. Spring seems to be the better time of the year. Hunted last weekend, four hunters, four pigs on private land in Humboldt County. Don't know about outfitters in the Redding area, but for Central Cal try Kyler Hamann @ www.boaring.com

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

craigster is ScottS is Judy is the same POS troll

TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!! TROLL EXPOSED!!!

craigster = Scotts = a useless POS dumb troll!!!

Quote:

Seafire,
Open season all year in Ca. Spring seems to be the better time of the year. Hunted last weekend, four hunters, four pigs on private land in Humboldt County. Don't know about outfitters in the Redding area, but for Central Cal try Kyler Hamann @ www.boaring.com

Posts: 204 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about any pigs in Redding, but most of the pig hunting is in the Central area and Southern end. At one time Ft. Hunter Ligget was good, but I haven't been there in a while. The place has made it a little difficult to hunt with all kinds of hassles.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
When first reading this thread, I thought I appreciated the "plug" from craigster, but I don't recall that I have a client from the redwood country named Craig or Scott S. or even Judy.

At any rate if this craigster has been involved in trollish activity in the past I'm sorry I ended up in his post. If in fact Mauser just has a personal problem with him I appreciate his plug.

Carry on,
Kyler

P.S. Why can't people just use their real names and not play school games. I've said a few controversial things on this board and others under my real name (that's the ONLY way I post, EVER.... that's what America is all about!!!). I've been called on some of the things I've said in person a couple times and that's fine, it leads to lively conversation and if everyone involved is a mature adult it can lead to long friendships and alliances.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kyler,

I ran into a couple of guys buck hunting this fall and mentioned hog hunting. They told me that they had hunted with you at one time and had good things to say about your operation. The conversation was short, I don't even remember their names. Based on that conversation and your website I plugged you to Seafire. As far as trolls go, most of us around here know who they are, and I ain't among them. End of story.

Craig Cowan

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Craig,
I'm glad you ran into a couple satisfied clients.
Thanks for the plug.

Great hunting with great hunters,
Kyler

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote