Notify
Tools

LAST RUSSIAN BOAR
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
KILLED WITH 223 FMJ

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
IN THE PHOTO THERE IS CRISTIAN ANDREO ,A KNIFEMAKER KNIFEFIGTHING EXPERT AND THE BOYS ARE PART OF A HUNTING CLASS GIVEN BY MY SON TO 14 YEARS OLD BOYS.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice boar, Juan! Congratulations! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is really a trophy hog, juan. Very nice. Congratulations.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
That is a mean group of hombres.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real nice pig Juan, how did you take him? Give us a little story, por favor.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Larry the boar was in the bush behind a fence where i have several females boars as it was causing a lot of damage in the farm ,i baited it with corn and that was the history i put a fmj556 in the head with my cz fox 223.I sold all the meat to a restaurant ,we are selling almost 50 hogs a month and they are paying a lot for russian boar meat.
By the way my son trains as many boys as he can in hunting ,and butchering and hes mounting his own survival school for childs,.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's amazing to me. We can't hardly give away the meat of boars. I eat smallish boars if they are not run by dogs. You have quite a son, I know he makes you proud. Those CZ foxes looks like a great little rifle, I'd like to have one.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to your posts.

Be Blessed,
Larry

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
I sold all the meat to a restaurant ,we are selling almost 50 hogs a month and they are paying a lot for russian boar meat.

Nice work!

If we could (legally) sell them for commercial consumption it might help greatly decreasing their numbers here in Texas.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
If we could (legally) sell them for commercial consumption it might help greatly decreasing their numbers here in Texas.

You might want to check out this website:

http://feralhogs.tamu.edu/

Q. Can I sell the hogs that I trap off my property?

A.Yes. Many landowners chose to recoup some of their investment in equipment and time by selling some or all of the feral hogs they trap to “buying stations”. To find the buying station nearest you, consult your county Extension agent or contact the nearest Texas Animal Health Commission office.The price paid varies with the market, but usually the largest hogs are worth the most per pound. Buying stations then transport the feral hogs to one of several processing facilities found within the state. Each hog is inspected before processing and the various cuts can be found on restaurant menus in the U.S. as well as exported for consumption in Europe and Asia.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Kenati,

Actually, I was aware of that,

(I have sold "exotic" animal meat for commerce)

how I should have phrased was--

If we could find processors that have legally qualified and want to buy--

The reality for me was none of the the nearby processors had the least bit of interest--

usually citing the "extra" legal hassles involved.

Additionally, they wanted to receive the animals alive and at limited times etc, etc--

again due to "legal' hassles etc.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote