New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safe with less than capacity?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I asked a similar question in the handguns section although it probably belongs here.

After reading the fine print about Independence Ranch in Texas, I have decided it is not for me.
Amongst hidden fees and the inability to butcher your kill yourself, there is a 3 round limit on ammo in your weapon of choice despite magazine capacity.
G20-1 in chamber 2 in mag.
1911-1 in chamber 2 in mag.
Revolver-3 shell limit.
Shotgun--1 chamber 2 in mag.
Bolt action rifle-1 chamber 2 in mag.

For Christ's sake these are not migratory game birds ! I've personally seen big pigs soak up ill placed shots thus requiring more than 3 rounds.

I wonder if they have been lawyerized into this?

Anyone hunted there and experienced this?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Don't go. Some folks like making up strange Rules(?), but it is their property so it is their prerogative.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
That's just strange. I'd pass, too.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
While I have no problem with those who do it, shooting a half-tame, pen-raised pig is not something I plan on doing. Worse yet, listening to a clueless moron like on the video of the "807 pound hog" just aint my cup of tea. He annoyed me within the first minute. And pleading "please come help us!!! We are overrun with hogs" just sent up red flag after red flag.

And the capacity rules? That's ridiculous.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Read these reviews of the "ranch." Maybe some of them answer the question of why the capacity limit: 21 hunters on 200 acres at the same time!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/hog-hunting-in-texas-waelder

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, and this guy is still in business?
HOW?

With 20 guys at a time supposedly hunting you'd think they could do a lot better. Don't recall ever reading about a worse set up than this.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6019 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I first thought this thread was asking how many AR members still had room in their gun safes. For obvious reasons, I thought it would be a very short thread indeed.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
they don't have great reviews -- read their cleaning rules. .and fees

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39682 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As to the three round limit, I bet there are a lot of folks that go to Africa to hunt game a lot more dangerous than hogs with double guns.

I think there are a lot of people that hunt with single shots as well. I have used a muzzleloader to hunt hogs a few times.

The round limit would not bother me, but the rest of it would make this a no-go for me.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Its 12-15 people hunting 250 high fenced acres at a time, at least that is what it used to be. They buy trapped hogs and release them before the hunt. Avoid that place , its a scam.

Google Paul Candelaria, he has been prosecuted by the Stage AG's office already for similar actions.

Posts: 62 | Location: Sugar Land, TX | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Google Paul Candelaria, he has been prosecuted by the Stage AG's office already for similar actions.

I think he has had a few run ins with the state over his various operations.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anyone over run with anything, asking for help removing them.
then quoting a price for the privilege would prompt me to drop a few more nuisance animals off.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote