Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Charged?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I have to chuckle at Geoff describing himself a "Professional Pig Shooter". It is absolutely true, he indeed whacks and stacks pigs (and feral sheep)on a professional basis. I've been there twice with him and participated. Many of us are "pig shooters", or perhaps even "ardent pig shooters", but not many of us can lay claim of being a "professional pig shooter" like Geoff can.

I think I'm going to change my profession to "professional pig shooter". For that matter, "professional shooter" of anything (four legged or winged). Perhaps start out small, say "Professional Pigeon Shooter" and work my way up. Wouldn't that be great to list while applying for unemployment benefits!

Getting back to the topic, our group had a witnessed "charge" by a highly pissed off baby pig. It's been discussed several times (by our Mike Smith) in previous threads, but it was as much a full-blown charge as a 5 pound pig can possibly muster. On another occassion while shooting with Geoff two of us came up on 40+ pigs at a waterhole. When the shooting started it looked like a jailbreak and some of the pigs ran ~towards us, but it wasn't anything close to a charge. They were in panic mode in a chaotic situation and their escape route happened to be in the same general direction that we were ambushing them from.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Matt,
Now you took the wind out of my sails. I thought that I would be the only one with that on my business card. Now, I'll have to order new cards stating, "camp cook with a rifle".

Since I get to whack pigs so often, I have thought of using a muzzeloader to increase the challenge and stave off possible boredom. However, I haven't done it for fear of getting fired for being too slow on the job and having to list my former profession on the unemployment application.

Anyway, it's always fun to read your posts.

Geoff

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Guys

I live in Hog Heaven (Cape York)and over the last 17 years or so I reckon I've probably killed a couple of thousand good boars. I've been charged 4 times - all when I had wounded a boar while bow hunting. Never once when rifle hunting.

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote