Notify
Tools

arizona javalena hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hey guys
i have relatives in lake havasu az
any javalena hunting anywhere near there and if so can anyone give me any info on who to call for info im in california so i have to put in for the lottery for arizona i do know that much i have heard that a place called rye canyon or rye creek is supposed to be good for javalina but i have no clue where in az that is any help would be great
thanks guys
divr6347

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rye is near a wide spot in the road about 10 miles south of Payson. Payson is north and east of Phoenix up toward the Mogollon Rim. Rye is below the rim. Yes, there are pigs in that area. Nothing real close to Havasu that I am aware of, but I chase the Javelina south of Kingman near Wikieup.

Posts: 184 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No pigs around Havasu that I know of; I've done a bit of varmint hunting around there and have never seen sign. To find a good area, look up AZ F&G's website and they have some good descriptions there.

Pig hunting is great fun. I've been doing it for at least 30 years, mostly S and E of Tucson. Just got back fri nite from a hunt; saw four whitetail bucks in one day, one a wallhanger.

jmbn

Posts: 9 | Location: sacramento | Registered: 20 July 2003Reply With Quote