New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pic from sweden
 Login/Join

posted
http://www.hunt101.com/img/198601.JPG

A picture from last September we shot a young boar for the dog, later the same day we managed to get one more for her. It was a good first boar hunt for the dog and us.

Mikael

Posts: 15 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 29 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nice hog.

To make your picture show up in the post add [img] in front of the the address and [/img] after it.

Like this

Here is your picture:

What did you shoot him with? looks like a shotgun?

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an elghund or is it a boarhund ??

posted Hide Post
Thank you for helping with the picture !!

The pig was shot with a 9,62, the rifle in the picture is a slugrifle.

It's an Elghund but they generally work ok for pigs to, some even better with pigs.

This season I will get my own dog started and so far it looks very good so i hope to post more pics in about 2 months.

Mikael

Posts: 15 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 29 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are welcome for the help. Keep us posted on your upcoming hunts.

It looks like yall could use a 4-wheeler or ATV.
Do many people use ATV's in Sweeden?

I know Americans who can't go 50 feet without one, much less drag a hog back to camp without one. I guess that is part of the problem with American culture.

David

Posts: 355 | Location: Baton Rouge, LA | Registered: 07 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
we do not allow 4 wheelers on our farm..the 2 wheel carts work great on hogs up to 300 pounds..

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Hunting from/with ATV or 4X4 is strictly against the law, some huning syndicates/groups uses a motorized cart for recovering a moose or soo, other use a 4X4 or a traktor In some terrain it's hunting buddies and rope are the only means

I have hunted in USA a dozen times and never gotten used the culture with ATV's or pickup trucks. Fortunately all American hunters are not like that

I'm surprised that the use of dogs is soo limited in USA, particular when it comes to tracking/recovering animals. Boar hunting with dogs is great fun

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Mikael,

Thanks for posting the pic. We will look forward to seeing some more from this season.

Good Hunting,

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote