New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parker Ranch Hawaii
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a chance to go to Hawaii this January with a couple friends and was wondering if anybody has hunted any of the islands for hog or sheep of any kind. I was looking at the Parker Ranch web site but, they dont give any prices. The Parker Ranch is the largest cattle ranch in the U.S. and has alot of game animals on it's 175,000 acres. Any info would be appreciated.

Fordfreak

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha,

I have hunted on Parker Ranch many times. Their hunting manager is Pat Fisher. Currently, they do not have an abundance of sheep. More goats and feral pig. Their prices are not inexpensive and in addition charge trophy fees.

You may want to check out Gene Ramos of Hawaii Hunting Tours. 808-776-1666. I have hunted with Gene for 40 years plus. He has access to the private Bishop Estate (Queen's) land that exceeds Parker Ranch in area. You can see from the length of his professional service that he is not a spring chicken. Don't expect him to hike up the mountain with you. He will drive you up the mountain so you can walk downhill or on level ground.

His rates are very reasonable and does not charge trophy fees. You can shoot feral sheep, goats and pigs. If you're a wingshooter, the season may be open when you get there for pheasant, chuckar, quail, turkey and partridge,without dogs. You can combine mammal and bird on the same hunt which is usually one day. He has a cabin if you want a two day shoot. For more info, send me a private message.

Geoff

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Fordfreak: This Geoff fella that is giving you info on Hawaii hunting is being modest. He has taken Mike Smith and I on some incredible hunting/shooting trips (pigs and sheep) to the island of Niihau. He knows from where he speaks.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote