Find
Notify
Tools

Bostic Plantation and cast bullets for hogs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted
Almost sounds like a British Army field ration.
Does any one have experience with the Bostic Plantation in South Carolina?
What's the opinion of using a 300 grain cast bullet at 1,600 fps or a 350 grain cast bullet at 2,100 fps, both 45 caliber? I'm guessing that both of these bullets will shoot clean through the hog, no matter what angle.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I hunted there in 1989. Saw no trophy bucks or hogs in three days. Was fed plenty of bullshit along with the fine Low Country food, so I never went back.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I haven't hunted Bostic's myself, I was in a Maine bear camp a few years ago with some guys who had hunted there. Their experience was about the same as George's. They ate good, but never saw any hogs or bucks.

Craig

Posts: 530 | Location: Kulpmont, PA | Registered: 31 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gimme a call boys and I will put you amongst a lot of hogs on a three day hunt for $399. all the hogs you can shoot...Some get 3 and some get 15, but every body gets hogs...Check out my web page...

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Atkinson;

Is this a fenced in ranch or free range for the hog hunting?

Posts: 70 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
At what acerage do most people mentally divide free-range from fenced? I know of single pastures in South Texas that exceed 50,000 acres and are only fenced with 3 strand wire. Would that not be free-range? Or does it describe a type of land versus size? (Obviously too much time on my hands right now.) P.S. Ray.. that's a pretty good deal for Texas. Folks should seriously consider that.

[ 10-24-2003, 18:06: Message edited by: tigertate ]

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I consider anytime an animal cannot pass through a fence to be an enclosure. 3 strands of barb wire is not going to keep Deer or Hogs from leaving the property!

Posts: 70 | Location: MI | Registered: 28 July 2002Reply With Quote