Find
Notify
Tools

1/24/2010
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
We were able to sneak out to the hog lease for a quick afternoon hunt on Sunday. The main plan was to get out there around 2pm and look for a place to situate a few Corn feeders for the pigs once I got back in town from Seattle, and then watch the water tank like in the past to see if a thirsty piggie would show up.

Well, curiosity got the best of us and we decided to drive past all of the water tanks first to check for piggies. Went past the first one and saw just cows, then on the way to the 2nd one we saw some black things in the road about 200 yards infront of us.....PIGS!

We hopped out of the truck and were able to close the distance on the group of 15+pigs from 200 yards to 20 yards...a chip shot!

Ended up knocking down 6 out of the group in the time span of about 20 seconds! Talk about hot barrels and fast action!

Once the shooting began they didn't know what to do, and most stood around!

Was a lot of fun!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
1-31-2010

Went out this afternoon and talked with the rancher about hog activity and such. Was able to get a feeder put up and running so we were excited about that. Maybe in 2-3 weeks they'll really start hitting it. I think we are going to sour up some corn/pour beer on it to get them in faster!!!

Was able to shoot my .204 Ruger before it got too dark and that was fun. Little amount of recoil and extremely flat shooting. I've got my reloading supplies, just need to work up a load for it now

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice work, Justin! Now, where are the pictures??????? Confused

jumping

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
hot barrels and fast action

sounds like fun

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mattyboy:
quote:
hot barrels and fast action

sounds like fun

Where are you in Florida, mattyboy? Used to live in Florida and I have slain a lot of Florida hogs......the hog hunting's good in FLA!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whitworth,

I am in north Fl between Tallahassee and Jacksonville. You are right about the hogs.I was talking to a game warden about six months ago and he said the game department confirmed there is wild hogs in every county in fl.

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys! No pics

We hit a deer yesterday morning, fished the previous afternoon and all day yesterday. Just got back into town and grabbed our guns right now and we are going to miss the Super Bowl to go watch the feeder go off...maybe a pig will come in!

I'll bring my Digi Camera today, it's been on-off raining all day and so I dont think ill bring the camcorder.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll bring my Digi Camera today

Report ? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Nothing Came in Frowner

Lots of tracks. It is probably too soon to have em coming in. The longer the feeder sits the better the hunting will be. I think next weekend we are going to go out again and maybe they've patterned the feeder by then!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe you will get em. we'll be waiting for pics jumping