THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HOG HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hogs, Warthogs, Wild Boars, Javelinas Hunting    A Warthog That Ran Into A 300 Grain Warthog Bullet

Moderators: Whitworth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Warthog That Ran Into A 300 Grain Warthog Bullet
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
 -
We were hunting in the Selous, in Tanzania last month.

One day we were driving along on our way to an area we know buffalo frequent. It is full of long grass, which these bovine love to feed and hide in. There can be herds in there that number several hundreds, and one cannot see them, except when one sees the egrets that follow them to feed on the insects they notmally have around them.

Anyway, we were driving along, when we saw two warthogs running parallel to us. Pierre, our PH, said to jump out and shoot this one. The other one was much younger.

I jumped out of the truck, and ran after the two pigs with Pierre and Alan, our video cameraman.

We could see them running, but because of the bush it is very hard to get a shot at them, even if they stopped, let alone while they are going full throttle.

I took a shot at this one as he was going through a small clearing, knocking him down on the spot.

The 300 grain Warthog bullet hit him on the point of the shoulder, coming out of his neck, as he was running away from us at a slight angle.

While everyone was telling me what a great shot that was, Walter intervenes and said "Saeed did not hit that pig. The pig ran into the bullet, so stop this bullshit of telling him what a great shot he is"

[ 10-05-2003, 21:04: Message edited by: Saeed ]

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Saeed
I'd becareful that critter bears more then a passing resembence to Hillary Clinton, and may very well be her cousin.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Jim,

What has this poor warthog done to you to insult him? [Big Grin]

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Good one, I nearly swallowed my coffee cup and contents.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep hearing about this Warthog bullet, what is it and what does it look like?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or is Saeed giving the finger to the Camera Guy?

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Are you guys blind? That's not Hillary's cousin, IT'S ROSIE! I'd know those squinty little pig-eyes anywhere.

Posts: 4 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: 12 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know one that didn't run into a Walter Hog Bullet!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 41889 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote