Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Hog Attacks Woman in Backyard
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Wild Hog Attacks Woman in BackyardAOL
posted: 7 HOURS 52 MINUTES AGOcomments: 236filed under: National NewsPrintShareText SizeAAA(April 21) -- A wild hog charged a woman in her yard Monday and then led nine rescue and animal control officials on a chase through a St. Petersburg, Fla., neighborhood.
The St. Petersburg Times reports that Cassandra Frank, 26, spotted the black sow rooting around behind her home Monday morning. The 200-pound animal made a run at her, catching her calf with a tusk and pushing her against a tree.
Skip over this content
After someone called 911, fire and rescue workers and animal control officers showed up on the scene.
Fire Rescue Lt. Dan Robinson, who hunted wild hogs as a boy, tracked her down and got charged too. He leaped over a 6-foot fence to escape, cutting his arm.
"I seen what they can do. They'll take a dog and just rip it right open," Robinson told the Times.
Officials used a pole with a lasso to catch the hog, which was euthanized because it had a broken leg and had to be tested for rabies, the Times said

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Evidently a very unhappy sow! shocker

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a man in his 70's that lives in the country.

One day he sees some wild hogs in his garden.

He gets his loaded Remington 1100 12 ga and goes outside and starts shooting at the hogs... BOOM

Problem is he runs out of shells, before he runs out of hogs. shocker

They chase him up a tree. Then they go a few yards away and lay down watching him.

Everytime he starts to climb down, they attack him again.

This goes on for a little over 4 hours, until the pigs finally decide to leave.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to college at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Used to hunt rabbits between classes just off Fletcher Avenue (the road behind USF) to the east of Campus. Have had hogs charge me in the palmettos. Pretty scary when all you have is a single shot 12 gauge loaded with birdshot. Kids do silly things.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I was a boy hunting in east texas, (11 or 12 at the time) all I had was a 22 semi auto. Usually fed with longs. I'd sneak up on hogs rooting, pick one out, shoot it behind the ear then drop the rifle and shinny up the tree I'd picked out before hand. I know you'd say take the rifle, but I couldn't climb a tree fast enough with a rifle in one hand.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had three little boars in a round trap Sunday--when I walked up to the wire with the .22 in hand to do 'em, the biggest (maybe 90 lbs) charged me--bounced right off the wire. The he proceeded to do it 3 more times before he got his lead vitamin.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"