New
Find
Notify
Tools

NM or West Texas hogs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for a hog hunt in West Texas or SE New Mexico for around March 1st next year. I will be hunting Oryx on White Sands at that time, and am thinking of extending the trip a few days to pick up some hogs. Seems if I am going to already be driving to Alomogordo (sp?), it wouldn't hurt to go a bit further and shoot some pigs. Thoughts?

Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a ranch in Sanderson that has boars....near the Rio Grande....we killed a nice one there a few years ago....I'll dig it up and post it this weekend.

Cody Weiser

Posts: 72 | Location: Hallettsville, Texas | Registered: 23 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Cody. I'm looking forward to a few leads.

Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
It's not a short drive, but you could try Mesquite Country Outfitters who hunt the Pitchfork Ranch. If you are willing to go to South Texas or somewhere closer to Dallas like Albany there are other places I could mention.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charles,

My preference is to stay in the corridor from Fort Stockton / Odessa / Lubbock / Amarillo. I may consider as far east as Abilene. I've hunted in the south before (San Antonio / Corpus Christi) and know there are good hogs there, but going that far would really make this particular trip awful tight. I appreciate any suggestions.

Bill

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
In the Albany, Texas, area you have the Nail Ranch and the Cook Ranch, but they may be too far east for you.

Sorry I do not know the areas closer to new Mexico any better.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Bill, Buglemintoday of this forum posts from Midland, TX with pretty good stories about hog hunting. You might be able to hook up with him for some action.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill!

Give Ray Scott a call, he will get ya'll on some pigs! Or if you would prefer, you can pm me and ask some questions

432-661-2808

There is a hotel approx. 10 miles from the gate, and I could be a possibility to guide for you

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Well shoot, Justin, I just might have to come down and hunt with you -- maybe in the Spring! Those are some good trophies! thumb

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
C'mon down Wink

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote