Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzleloader Pig
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Went out again to see what kind of Accuracy I could get out of the CVA Accura. The load was 100gr of Loose 3f 777 and a 240gr XTP bullet [MAG Express Sabot]

First bullet hit just left of the bullseye, cleaned and shot again into the same hole Big Grin made a scope adjustment and hit bullseye. This thing is just a joy to shoot.

Walked over some of the dunes to a water hole (We have only recieved 3/10's of an inch of rain this year...so everything is relying on these water wells.) And sat about 15 minutes and 3 hogs show up dancing Once they get to the water and begin to drink one goes broadside and I decide it is the biggest and drop it. Bullet entered right behind the shoulder and it didn't go anywhere. I'd guess he was at 80 steps or so from me.

Went over to another waterhole after and spooked a bobcat. The cat must have been under some brush watching me walk in cause I never saw it till it was running away. Then had a dark haired coyote spot me from about 150yd and took off not presenting a shot.

A good evening!

I wish I would have taken a picture as this was my first with muzzleloader.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post

Here is a pic of the gun

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Good gun, load, and shooting. The gun looks like one I was looking at myself. I had decided to get the electra instead when the funds are available.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Nice work, Justin! Too bad no pictures!

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice work. I love all three of my CVAs.

Packy, check either Sportsman's Guide or Natchez. One of them has the Electra on sale, I just can't remember which.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Marko- Yeah I was bummed. I am gonna go out this weekend again though. With the drought...things are hitting the waterholes like crazy. I'll definately have a camera or video cam this weekend.

Justin

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by packrattusnongratus:
Good gun, load, and shooting. The gun looks like one I was looking at myself. I had decided to get the electra instead when the funds are available.

The electra is an interesting concept, but some of the states I would like to muzzleloader hunt do not allow electronic ignition.

Sportsmans Guide has it on sale while in stock...

Electra on Sale on Sportsmans Guide