New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Deer Down
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Filled my first tag with a doe this week and I have a medium boar vacuuming corn at one spot that has been there 12 of 14 days so Sunday night the winds are right and it will be his turn--

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Nice...congrats! You'll have some prime eating in the freezer.

I can no longer archery hunt and miss it. But I did kill three coyotes this week, including a lucky double (two/one shot) last night. Been using a SightMark Wraith Mini thermal and am enjoying it. It's on a Savage Axis 25-06 that has a Timney trigger and Boyd's stock on it. CameraLandNY has some refurbed units at nearly half off, so I sold the ATN Thor LT 160 4-8x and bought one. It's a distinct step up from what I had.

Coyotes killed a deer near the creek last week, so they've been patrolling the area quite a bit. All I did was check outside a time or two between 10 and midnight to get these.

Here are two of the 'yotes. I did not take a picture of one from last night because it had mange on the neck and shoulder...and i was not going to touch it or spend any time around it.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9335 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby--those 'yotes look healthy--better than the deer around here. This doe has twins and between them and the drought it shows.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The deer here, too, are in less-than-ideal conditions. But the coyotes have definitely been eating well. This angle shows just how "healthy" this one was before he ingested some heavy metal.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9335 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I always enjoy seeing your successes Tommy. Be Well. Packy.